here are a few tips to get ultra soft, smooth, kissable lips:
Apply Vaseline to your lips each night before bedtime. You may have another lip balm product you will want to use instead, but if not, good old Vaseline works wonders.
Keep an extra toothbrush handy and use it to lightly brush the surface of your lips each day to remove dead or dry skin. You will want to do this just as your Vaseline or other moisturizer is wearing off so that the dry skin comes off smoothly and easily. If you wait until your lips are already dry, it won’t do much good!
Always use a water-resistant lip balm with SPF protection (yes, even in the winter… and especially while skiing or snowboarding). The skin on your lips is ultra thin and delicate. Since you don’t need to “tan” your lips, too much sun exposure will cause your lips to burn, chap, or worse. This can make applying any type of lip color a nightmare. A protective lip balm will prevent damage and soften your lips all at the same time.
Use a lip liner that is close to your natural lip color. You don’t want to use one that’s too dark – your lip liner is there to help keep your lip color in place and make it last longer, not to create a distracting line around your mouth.
When applying lipstick, blot your lipstick with a tissue after applying each layer. This will give your base lip color extra staying power.
February is a perfect time to try fun, flirty shades in pink, red or berry. Once you’ve finalized your clothing choices, choose a shade that compliments your coloring and goes well with your outfit.
After applying your lipstick, finish off your look with a soft, shiny lipgloss. But be sure not to go overboard on the gloss – too much can take your lips from gorgeous to gooey. Also, by layering and blotting your lipstick as mentioned in the above step, you won’t have to touch up your lipstick during the evening, which usually requires precision – and a mirror. Glosses are lighter and easier to apply, so you can quickly and easily touch up the shine if needed.
These tips will give you a perfect pout and help your lip color last much longer – throughout your entire Valentine’s Day date, perhaps?
Semi permanent Lip Makeup is becoming more and more popular. Semi permanent lip makeup is also known as lip stain. One of the largest makers of Semi Permanent Lip Stain is a company called SeneGence. This Lip Stain gives colour to your lips but also acts as a moisturizer.
The built in moisturizer doesn’t permit your lips to dry out but instead locks in their nature moisture. Bottom line – your lips look great in every situation. The Lip-Sense brand by SeneGence is available in more than 30 colours. This allows any woman to pick a colour which is perfect for her skin type and tone. Not only that using semi permanent Lip Stain can save you money when you compare it to purchasing cosmetic lip stick or stain which needs to be reapplied over and over in the same day.
Semi permanent lip makeup lasts as long as you want – it’s removed easily with a thorough wash but doesn’t come off at inappropriate times like when you are eating, drinking or even kissing.
It’s also waterproof and spread-proof – meaning it won’t move around. It doesn’t leave marks or come off on something it comes in contact with.
No doubt this is one of the biggest advantage. So simply drinking water won’t wash away or mess up your lip colour. Also it doesn’t spread around on your lips like most lipstick will.
That means you don’t have to stop and check your lips all the time . Those women who are frustrated of buying the same lip stick again and again can have the most advantage over that lip stick by applying this product. Another benefit is that you can still change the colour of your lips at any time – your not stuck with it like with permanent lip colouring.
Lip Color for Your Skin
2. Avoid reds with an orange undertone.
3. Medium brown with pink undertones or beige lipsticks with a pink undertone.
4. Browns like Mocha browns, and darker brown/pink lipsticks for an evening lip look.
5. Extra pale browns with yellow undertones make fair skin look washed out.
6. Pinks such as light shiny pink lipsticks with blue undertones work well.
7. Pink with a slight gold shimmer also enhances this skin tone very nicely.
8. Try to stay away from hot pink lipstick as it overpowers fair skins.
2. Brown and warm reds will soften and look warm on medium skin.
3. Browns that are very pale can make medium skins look ashy and washed out.
4. Rich caramel shades, medium brown with yellow or pink undertones, and creamy coffee color browns can also be flattering to medium skin tone.
5. Pinks like rich and deep pinks tend to look best on medium skin. Also pinks with brown undertones enhance and flatter medium skins very well.
6. Sheers, creams, and mattes can also be tried using these shades of pink.
2. Stay away from orange or reds and pink or red shades.
3. Browns with a red or auburn or mahogany undertone and rich browns that resemble coffee, toffee, and chocolate colors work well with this skin tone.
4. Pinks like deep berries, rich rose, and soft to medium plums with strong yellow undertones are flattering to this skin tone.
5. Avoid pinks that are to cool and too light as these pinks can make complexion look draining.
2. Avoid orange and pink reds on this skin tone.
3. Almost any shade of brown color such as light browns to a rich, dark, coffee brown suits black skin tone.
4. Pinks like medium and soft sheer pinks, pink in glosses and sheers with a touch of beige can really enhance this skin tone.
5. Berries, deep roses, and plums also flatter this skin tone.