Here are some great styling tips for curly hair styles that will make life easier.Do not wrap your hair up with a towel after washing it. Wring off excess water in the shower and just towel blot your hair gently and avoid rubbing vigorously.Apply a leave on conditioner sparingly, after you get off the shower. The conditioner will smooth and weigh down your hair to ease the tangles and snarls, and of course it will condition your hair.There are many people that envy the body and waves that come with curly hair. Curly hair styles encompass a natural bounce that can be used to create a myriad of styles, or worn down. Although curly hair styles may require additional work, they are worth the time that is put into creating these signature styles.
* Use a volumizing shampoo and a leave-in-conditioner to help plump locks.
* Do not brush your curls, leave them to hang naturally.
* Remember: curly hair is very fragile and tends to break easily.
* Avoid everyday blow drying.
* Apply an anti-frizz spray to prevent frizziness.
* If you want to give your hair more volume, move the blow-dryer in small circular motions.
* Never blow-dry too close to the scalp to avoid damaging it.
* When blow-drying, go very slowly on each section of your hair to another.
* If your hair is prone to frizz, keep your fingers out of your hair until it is absolutely dry.* Overheating your hair may seriously damage it.
* Always use a low or medium heat.
* Lift your curls gently while blow-drying to create more volume.
* Use silicone based shine enhancing spray to add shine to your hair.
* Look for an ionic blow dryer as it is less damaging.
* Always use a heat protecting product when styling your hair.
* Always use a wide toothed comb to comb wet hair – brushing wet hair can seriously damage the cuticles.
* Point the nozzle of the blow dryer downside to avoid frizzes.
* Do a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a month to keep your hair in good shape.
* Do not use too much styling products, instead coat just the ends of the hair.
* Look for products containing vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, UV protective filters, moisturizing ingredients, essential oils.
* Massage your scalp every time while shampooing your hair to improve blood circulation.
Curly Hairstyles for Prom and Formal Events
It all depends on how much hair you wind on it too, the bigger the parts the looser like the first picture. And the most annoying thing about curling wands is that the bottom of the hair wont curl as much because the bottom of your hair is hardest to wrap around the wand. Probably because you were afraid of burning your fingers. It comes out really bad so try to curl the bottoms the best you can.